Call Our Top-Rated Attorney Now 912.225.0066
Get The Experience You Need
When It Matters Most

Contempt of Court Actions

Statesboro Family Law Attorney

If your ex-spouse has failed to abide by the terms of your divorce settlement, you have recourse through legal action. The court that issued your divorce decree, including all terms such as child support and alimony orders, has the power to enforce those orders. This can be done through contempt of court actions which you can initiate. If you need legal assistance in gaining your ex-spouse’s compliance in a child support, alimony, or other divorce settlement issue, the Brannen Law Office, P.C. is here to help. Our Statesboro family lawyer is a seasoned litigator who is well versed in family court legal matters and procedures.

Need help enforcing a divorce court order? Call our Statesboro family lawyer at (912) 225-0066 to discuss your case and legal options.

Penalties for Non-Compliance to Court Orders

Per Georgia law, contempt of court means the willful refusal to comply with a court order. At the time that your divorce was settled, child support payments and alimony payments were established and ordered by the judge presiding over your case. These became part of the written and final court orders. When an individual fails to abide by these orders through nonpayment, he or she may be facing some serious consequences.

For example, failure to pay child support in Georgia may lead to:

  • Contempt of court
  • Loss of one’s driver’s license
  • Loss of a business or professional license
  • Fines
  • Jail time

Bring Your Case to an Experienced Attorney

If you are in the position of being denied child support or alimony payments, you will need to seek recourse through filing a motion with the court. Once this is done, you and your ex-spouse will need to appear before the judge who will enforce the payments through the above actions. At the Brannen Law Office, P.C., our Statesboro contempt of court lawyer knows how to provide the legal assistance required to bring a contempt of court action against your ex-spouse.

We are committed to helping you with any legal matter relating to your divorce or family law in the Statesboro area. As your legal representative, we will take the time to understand the stressful nature of these issues and work vigorously on your behalf to overcome them as efficiently and painlessly as possible.

Talk to our experienced Statesboro family law attorney by calling (912) 225-0066 or contacting us online to arrange a consultation about your need for contempt of court action.

Why Hire The Brannen Law Office P.C.?

  • Our attorney is a former prosecutor & knows both sides of the law.
  • We offer student, military & law enforcement discounts.
  • Our attorney is top rated and award winning.
  • Our attorney is a trial lawyer with extensive courtroom experience.
  • Unites States of Supreme Court
  • avvo clients choice 2015 criminal defense
  • avvo clients choice 2015 divorce
  • avvo clients choice 2015 DUI
  • avvo clients choice 2015 child custody
  • avvo clients choice 2015 wills
  • avvo clients choice 2015 state and local law
  • avvo clients choice 2015 family
  • avvo clients choice 2015 real estate